Robust IT security for small businesses
SMALL BUSINESS IT SECURITY
There is a commonly held belief that cyber-attacks are mostly directed at larger organisations with more valuable data and financial resources, however, Verizon’s 2022 Data Breach report shows that 44% of cyber-attacks are against small to medium-sized businesses. Security breaches for small businesses can have a devasting impact both financially and in terms of reputational damage. Whilst larger organisations may have the financial clout to survive a significant attack, some 60% of small businesses are estimated to fold within 6 months of being hacked.
Whilst it may sound like scaremongering, the bottom line is that businesses of all sizes must take steps to secure their devices and networks to protect confidential customer and client data. At help4IT, we have been assisting our small business clients with the implementation and management of their security framework since our inception in 2005. Whether you are concerned about the security of your legacy devices and systems or looking to migrate to a more secure framework, our team can help you to achieve this efficiently and cost-effectively.
The benefits of Microsoft 365 for Small Business IT Security
Having worked with many start-ups and small businesses that are in the early stages of their growth phase, we believe Microsoft 365 offers the best features at an affordable price point. In terms of security, it offers solutions such as the following:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – which can be enforced for all users.
- Exchange Online Protection + SPF/DKIM – helping you to block malicious incoming emails and making sure your emails don’t get blocked as spam going out.
- InTune – assisting you with device management and control, an essential security component for any of your staff who are working remotely.
- Sharepoint Security – where you can set the controls regarding file sharing whilst structuring permissions and data access in a manner most suited to your organisation.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – you can define and apply DLP policies in Microsoft 365 to further protect sensitive data and reduce risk.
- Cyber Essentials – Microsoft 365 is configured for compliance with this government-backed scheme.
The help4IT team can help you to either set-up your network with Microsoft 365 security features activated or migrate to this framework from any other system you may be currently using.
OUR SMALL BUSINESS IT SECURITY & DISASTER RECOVERY SERVICES
Our IT security consultants assist our clients in the following areas.
Our IT security team can help you to encrypt data on your devices and networks, reducing the likelihood that you will suffer a data breach.
Our team can help you to configure a cloud backup service that will enable you to quickly recover in the event of a security disaster.
Our team will help you to store your data in the cloud in a manner that is compliant with the relevant security regulations for your industry.
Cyber Security Training
We can assist you with Cyber Essentials training, helping your staff to learn how to protect your business from cyber threats.
Small Business Data Encryption
Full-disk encryption is often the solution we advise to small business customers. This method transforms stored information into a format that can only be understood by stakeholders who are allowed access to the information.
The benefits of implementing encryption include:
- Peace of mind in the event of the loss of a device as no one outside the company will be able to access the data
- Stronger protection of your files and sensitive data from hackers
- Easy to deploy with built-in encryption programs
Small Business Data Backups
Our team frequently advise our small business customers on the best methods for securely backing up their data.
We help clients to:
- Choose the best and most cost-effective data backup solution
- Remove the risk of losing access and control over your Microsoft 365 data
- Restore files, folders, and entire systems quickly
Small Business Cloud Storage
Many of our small business clients have significant data storage requirements. We provide consultancy and expertise in securely moving and storing data in the cloud.
We help clients to:
- Choose a cloud storage solution suited to their needs
- Ensure the solution is configured correctly and compliant with security regulations
- Configure user access privileges
Small Business Cyber Security Training
An important aspect of IT security for small businesses is ensuring that your staff are trained on the basics and don’t inadvertently compromise your systems by unknowingly giving away information to cybercriminals.
We help our clients with:
- Enforcing strong password use within the team
- Defending your business against phishing attacks
- Implementing Cyber Essentials training
The help4IT advantage: robust IT security for small business
If you the owner or manager of a small business and you are concerned about whether your company is currently compliant with cyber security regulations, the help4IT team can assist with assessing your existing set-up and outlining methods for tightening your security perimeter and procedures. Get in touch with our London based team today for an informal chat about how we can assist you.