Bespoke IT Support for Schools, Colleges and Universities
At help4IT, we understand how different the IT challenges are for schools, colleges and universities compared to traditional business environments. Security, privacy and safeguarding responsibilities, for example, must be prioritised when implementing new systems or changes to the existing framework. Teachers and pupils also have very specific IT requirements that differ from business network users in a multitude of ways, for example, in terms of how applications and software can be accessed. Students, for example, need different levels of access to systems and software compared to teachers.
We understand the specific challenges and difficulties that schools, colleges and other educational organisations face in times where finances and resources are often strained. That is why we are happy to lend our experience to the education sector on any basis – whether that is to provide support to your existing in-house technicians or to provide a fully outsourced IT solution for particular areas of your organisation.
Expert and strategic IT support for the education sector
Our team can offer you the strategic, technical, and operational expertise that will help your school or college to operate more efficiently and enable teachers, support staff and students to achieve their goals. Areas, where we assist the education sector, include:
- Auditing and IT roadmaps – we can assess the existing infrastructure for one or more of your educational environments, and then set out a plan for improving the set-up in a manner that will enable students and teachers to collaborate more effectively and safely.
- Guidance on the implementation of new systems and software – we understand how fast-paced changes can be in the education sector and how legacy systems and software can hold staff and students back from attaining academic excellence. If you need to move over to a new system or integrate new software into your existing network, our team can help you to achieve this seamlessly and with minimum disruption to the curriculum.
- On-site support – implementing physical changes to your school or college, particularly if multiple sites are involved, can be a major challenge. With our Partner Network, we can help you to source the IT technicians that you need to help implement major changes successfully.
- Remote monitoring and administration – we understand that schools and educational places need to be particularly vigilant when it comes to both their student’s and their staff’s personal data. If the cyber security posture of your organisation is a particular concern, at the moment, we can help you to put in place various remote monitoring and administration processes to help you pass compliance checks and handle data as securely as possible.
- Information security risk assessments – our team can also help you to identify, assess, and implement key security controls in applications whilst also identifying and preventing application security defects and vulnerabilities.
Helping schools and colleges improve their security posture
From cyber security staff training for staff and children to identifying flaws in your school’s network security, our team can provide expert guidance and implementation of processes and procedures that will enable you to collaborate and work safely.
Areas where we have assisted schools, colleges and universities include:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – ensuring that this is enforced for all users.
- Exchange Online Protection + SPF/DKIM – helping you to block malicious incoming emails and makes sure your emails don’t get blocked as spam going out.
- InTune – assisting you with device management and control, an essential security component for staff or students who use school or college devices remotely.
- Sharepoint Security – we can help you to get the best out of this collaborative platform. From a security perspective, we can help you to set the controls regarding file sharing whilst structuring permissions and data access in a manner most suited to your school or college.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – we can help you to define and apply DLP policies in Microsoft 365 to further protect sensitive data and reduce risk.
- Cyber Essentials – outside of Microsoft 365 we can support you with the provision of internal training to management, staff, and students.
Extensive experience in the education sector
Since our foundation in 2005, we have provided IT support for schools, colleges and universities in both the public and private sectors. You can read more about recent case studies below.
- Tring Park School – using an economical balance of software tools and a clever design to reuse the school’s existing server capacity, help4IT managed to deliver a reliable SAN solution within a tight budget. Read more about this and our other case studies here.
Working with help4IT
Organisations in the education sector like we working with us at help4IT as we provide:
- A friendly and fast response to your requirements – providing an added layer of support for any internal in-house IT technicians that you may already employ.
- Clear communication – partnership is key to the way we work, and every member of our team understands that we act as an extension of your organisation.
- An IT partner that seems like a part of your in-house team – our entire focus is on helping your school or college to meet its objectives. We will never perplex you with unnecessary jargon and always work towards resolving an issue quickly and competently.
- A high standard of customer service – our commitment to unrivalled support means that we’ll always go out of our way to ensure that we are providing the best possible level of service to you.
- To deal with people who have high levels of expertise – our multi-skilled team can help with Linux issues as well as Microsoft products. We can also troubleshoot and resolve issues with any education sector software or technology tools that you have installed.
The help4IT advantage: experienced in improving the IT infrastructure for schools and educational organisations
Whether you’re a small independent school requiring ad-hoc assistance with IT issues or a larger college or network of educational organisations seeking assistance with the delivery of your IT strategy; help4IT have the experience and skills to improve your efficiency and security whilst helping you to meet your academic objectives. Get in touch with us today for an informal chat about how we might be able to assist with your IT projects.