IT Solutions for Manufacturing & Engineering Firms
At help4IT, we understand how reliant manufacturing and engineering businesses are on technologies that help to reduce the time-to-market for their end products. Data analysis, real-time production analysis, ERP software, and CRM systems are all likely to be critical in facilitating innovation within your business and driving production decisions. As such, when looking to outsource any aspect of your IT support, you need to feel confident that you are working with a supplier who understands the specific challenges of your sector and the technologies that you use to enhance productivity.
The team at help4IT provide bespoke IT solutions for the manufacturing and engineering industries that help you to better manage your IT assets, get the most out of your industry-specific software solutions, and improve the operational efficiency of your factory, warehouse, technical, back office and sales teams.
IT solutions for manufacturing and engineering firms
Our team can offer you the strategic, technical, and operational expertise that will help your firm run more efficiently. Our solutions include:
- Auditing and IT roadmaps – we can carry out detailed assessments of your existing IT infrastructure and make recommendations in all areas including asset management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and configuration, factory and warehouse management software, field management solutions and more.
- Guidance on the implementation of new systems and software – whether you are looking to set up an ERP system for the first time, optimise your existing ERP solution, migrate to a new ERP provider, or you require assistance with another industry-specific software solution, our highly experienced IT consultants can assist you.
- On-site support – if you are in the process of opening a new factory, warehouse, engineering plant, or back office, our team can assist you on-site with the configuration of your IT systems and software.
- Remote monitoring and administration – we can implement real-time monitoring of your systems and ensure that you are alerted to any irregularities, so you can act on them quickly. You can contact us 24/7 for emergency assistance.
- Information security risk assessments – our team can also help you to identify, assess, and implement key security controls in applications whilst also identifying and preventing application security defects and vulnerabilities.
Protecting manufacturing and engineering firms against cyber-security attacks
Manufacturing and engineering firms are highly susceptible to cybercrime, with poorly protected office systems a common gateway to attacks.
We help our clients in this sector in areas such as the following:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – ensuring that this is enforced for all users.
- Industry software security – we can help ensure that any industry-specific software solutions for real-time production analysis and smart manufacturing are configured and integrated with your other systems with security compliance as a priority.
- Exchange Online Protection + SPF/DKIM – helping you to block malicious incoming emails and making sure your emails don’t get blocked as spam going out.
- InTune – assisting you with device management and control for staff using devices remotely.
- Sharepoint Security – we can help you to get the best out of this collaborative platform. From a security perspective, we can help you to set the controls regarding file sharing whilst structuring permissions and data access in a manner most suited to your business.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – we can help you to define and apply DLP policies in Microsoft 365 to further protect sensitive data and reduce risk.
- Cyber Essentials – outside of Microsoft 365 we can support you with the provision of internal training to management and staff.
Extensive experience providing IT consulting to manufacturing businesses
We have provided cutting-edge IT support and bespoke solutions to businesses in a wide range of sectors since our inception in 2005. To find out more about our work with manufacturing firms, get in touch with our team today.
Working with help4IT
Manufacturing and engineering firms like working with us as we provide:
- A friendly and fast response to your requirements – we understand that any IT failures in your production environment need to be acted on quickly and efficiently.
- Clear communication – we avoid using IT jargon and we endeavour to explain solutions to problems in the clearest possible terms.
- An IT partner that seems like a part of your in-house team – we work hard to understand the challenges faced by staff in all departments within your business from the factory floor to the back office. This helps us to resolve your IT issues much faster when they arise.
- A high standard of customer service – our commitment to unrivalled support means that we’ll always go out of our way to ensure that we are providing the best possible level of service to you.
- To deal with people who have high levels of expertise – our multi-skilled team is experienced in resolving issues relating to many different operating systems as well as troubleshooting problems with industry-specific technologies and software.
The help4IT advantage: tailored IT solutions for manufacturing and engineering
Whether you’re in the process of opening your first factory and require assistance with the set-up of its IT infrastructure, or you are an established manufacturing firm requiring assistance with the optimisation of your systems, help4IT can deliver experienced, highly efficient, independent IT solutions to meet your goals. Contact us today to find out more.