Bespoke IT support for law firms & solicitors
At help4IT we have a strong track record in delivering secure and efficient IT support solutions for law firms, solicitors, and other legal services related businesses, where the safety of your clients’ sensitive data is paramount in your operations.
Our engineers are some of the best qualified you’ll find, with extensive experience in helping our legal business clients to migrate to platforms that offer best in class security provision and compliance with data protection laws.
IT services for law firms
Our team can offer you the strategic, technical, and operational expertise to help you achieve your business goals and ensure that your IT and communications are working at the highest possible level. Typical IT support services that we offer to law firms and legal businesses include:
- Auditing and IT roadmaps – we can assess your current infrastructure then create a coherent and security compliant IT strategy, with a clear roadmap for rolling out changes and improvements to your set-up.
- Systems and software guidance and implementation – we can provide impartial advice on selecting specialist legal software or migrating to a new practice management system. We can support your staff to help them get the most out of these tools.
- On-site support – we can assist you with the physical implementation of IT infrastructure changes within your firm, even in scenarios where you have multiple offices in different towns or cities. Our roadmap will ensure that changes to your systems are synchronised and provide efficient business continuity across your locations.
- Global support – we are experienced in dealing with law firms and legal service businesses that have operations in multiple countries. With our extensive global partner network, we can even help you to get on-site support for your firm’s overseas offices.
- Remote monitoring and administration – real-time continuous monitoring of servers and systems is of vital importance to our legal sector clients. If any aspects of your systems are compromised in any way, you need to know about it and act upon it quickly. A dedicated IT manager will also maintain an overview of your IT infrastructure and ensure that you’re equipped with the hardware and software required to meet your business’s needs.
- Information security risk assessments – our team can help you to identify, assess, and implement key security controls in applications whilst also identifying and preventing application security defects and vulnerabilities.
Robust security and compliance for peace of mind
Law firms are particularly prone to cyber attacks and successful breaches of their systems can be costly both financially and in terms of reputation management. We understand that businesses operating in the legal sector must adhere to very high standards regarding data protection and security.
If security improvements are high on your agenda, we can help you to migrate to a platform that offers best in class security provision. We recommend Microsoft 365, which gives you the tools you need to manage a full fleet of devices, protect desktops and servers, locate and wipe lost phones or laptops, and remotely monitor and remediate threats on vulnerable and compromised systems.
With Microsoft Security in place, we can then implement a range of procedures to ensure company-wide security compliance within your firm. This includes:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – ensuring that this is enforced for all users.
- Exchange Online Protection + SPF/DKIM – helping you to block malicious incoming emails and makes sure your emails don’t get blocked as spam going out.
- InTune – assisting you with device management and control, an essential security component for staff working remotely.
- Sharepoint Security – we can help you to get the best out of this collaborative platform. From a security perspective we can help you to set the controls regarding file sharing whilst structuring permissions and data access in a manner most suited to your business.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – we can help you to define and apply DLP policies in Microsoft 365 to further protect sensitive data and reduce risk.
- Cyber Essentials – outside of Microsoft 365 we can support you with the provision of internal training to staff and management.
Work with an experienced law firm IT support partner
We’ve been providing IT support for law firms and solicitors since we were established in 2005. Over the years we have worked with firms of varying sizes, providing everything from ad-hoc support to fully managed IT solutions. Should you choose to partner with us, you can expect:
- A friendly and fast response to your requirements – speak with an experienced IT support engineer who is trained to resolve your problem promptly.
- Clear communication – partnership is key to the way we work, and every member of our team understands that we act as an extension of your firm.
- An IT partner that seems like a part of your in-house team – everything we do is about making your business systems work efficiently. We always avoid jargon when communicating with you on issues that need to be fixed.
- A high standard of customer service – our commitment to unrivalled support means that we’ll always go out of our way to ensure that we are providing the best possible level of service to you.
- To deal with people who have high levels of expertise – our multi-skilled team can help with Linux issues as well as Microsoft products. We can also troubleshoot and resolve issues with any industry-specific legal software that you have implemented.
The help4IT advantage: specialist IT support for law firms
Whether you require ad-hoc support or a long-term IT strategy and support package, help4IT has the expertise and experience to support the requirements of your legal business. We understand that security and compliance together with a high-performing and flexible IT system are central to the requirements of your firm. As specialists in your field, we’ll take the time to understand your law firm and present solutions specific to your requirements. Call us today to find out more about how we work and how we can help you.