Microsoft’s latest contribution to cloud data, Microsoft Azure, provides a simple, efficient platform for businesses to “unlock the value of their data”. With over 90% of Fortune 500 companies using Microsoft Cloud and 120,000 new Azure customer subscriptions per month, Azure is growing at an incredible rate, but what is Azure and how can it benefit your business?
What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of integrated cloud services ranging from analytics to mobile, networking, storage and web. This service is designed to help businesses achieve faster results and save money, allowing them all the benefits of operating their own infrastructure but without the costs and burden of having to maintain each of these elements individually. Microsoft Azure is able to provide a simple data collection and management service for businesses, delivering enterprise-grade BI semantic data modelling capabilities, by building on Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, a proven, analytical engine that many businesses are already familiar with.
Why should you consider Microsoft Azure?
- Microsoft’s Azure Analysis Services can present a range of opportunities for your business, allowing you the ability to access your data almost anywhere and allowing faster monitoring of complex data. Microsoft Azure can also offer:
- Higher productivity – The integrated tools, pre-built templates and managed services make it easier to build and managed services make it easier to build and manager enterprise.
Open and flexible cloud service platform – Azure supports a vast range of operating systems, programming languages, frameworks, tools, databases and devices. This allows IT professionals to use the same technologies that they are already familiar with and trust.
- Extend your existing IT – Azure easily integrates with your existing IT so you don’t have to choose between your data centre and the cloud. Azure ensures that your data is safe and available whenever and wherever you need it by utilising a massive network of secure private connections and storage solutions.
- Scalability – Azure’s pay-as-you-go services allow businesses to easily and quickly scale packages up or down to match demand so they are only paying for what they are currently using. Azure is also committed to matching competitors pricing to deliver unbeatable price for performance.
- Protect your data – The cloud can have a negative stigma when it comes to security, which is why Microsoft has made an industry-leading commitment to the protection and privacy of their clients’ data. Microsoft was the first cloud provider recognised by the European Union’s data protection authorities for their commitment to rigorous EU privacy laws.
The future of Microsoft Azure and the Cloud
Microsoft Azure is also built on the Microsoft SQL service which many businesses will be familiar with, allowing them to focus on preventing and resolving issues within the business rather than having to learn new skills. As Microsoft Azure continues to expand and sign massive corporate clients to the likes of BMW and NBC Universal, the benefits of the using Microsoft’s cloud services are becoming quickly apparent to businesses everywhere with more and more businesses adopting the cloud every year.
To explore how cloud technology can increase productivity and reduce costs in your business, contact help4IT today on 0800 043 4448 or visit our website here.